Salsa, Swing, Smooth & More
– or “Old Time” dances – in styles dating back as far as the 17th century including the Old Time Waltz, Gavottes, Two Steps, Tangos and Saunters.
West Coast Swing
– a partner dance with roots in Lindy Hop. A smooth “slot” dance which means that the steps are danced along an imaginary slot on the dance floor.
– fun social jazz dance popularised in the 1920’s.Characterised by toes-in, heels-out swivelling steps. Can be danced solo or with a partner.
– a club style Latin partnership dance with an understated and relaxed Cuban hip motion giving the dance an easy casual and sexy appearance.
Texas Two Step
– a country/western partner dance progressing around the room with a quick quick slow slow rhythm pattern.
– smooth dances are similar to the standard Ballroom dances – flowing and graceful is still the aim but more open and separated figures are included.